Where I won’t put entire Gousto recipes on here as I don’t think that would be fair on them I am quite happy to publish some of the great little hacks we have come across in their recipes, and todays take away Gousto Hack is this creamy peppercorn sauce from their fine dine in menu.
This one is really really quick, easy and absolutely delicious.
Gusto Creamy Pepper Corn Sauce:
- 1 Shallot
- 8ml Soy Sauce
- 80g Creme Fraiche
- 15ml Chinese Rice Wine
- 2.5g Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlick
- Finely Dice the Challot[s].
- Peel and Finely Chop (or Grate) the Garlic.
- Cook your Steaks in a frying pan, remove the steaks and return the pan to a low heat.
- Add the diced shallot and cook for 1 – 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the Soy Sauce and Creme Fraiche and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Scrape any bits left over from cooking the steaks from the pan for extra flavour.
- Add the Cracked Black Pepper and Chinese Rice Wine and cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes or until it has thickened. (if your sauce gets too thick then add a splash of boiling water.
and Ta-Da there you have it a quick and tasty peppercorn sauce that’s perfect for dibbling over your favourite steaks.
Join Up with Gousto Today!